Basketball Hoop by Gabriele Fumero
Laptop by Steve Stomp
Globe by Nicholas Menghini
Code by Luboš Volkov
Music by Cris Dobbins
Fishing Hook by Massimiliano Mauro
User by Edward Boatman
Envelope by Jon Testa
Resume by Stephen Borengasser
Easter Egg by Irene Hoffman
Warning by Icomatic
Pinball by Icons8
Search by Egor Culcea
Hockey Puck by anbileru
Sound Wave by Kid A
Smooth Scrolling script
Now Playing script (adapted)
Hover CSS Effects
cheet.js easter egg plugin
Alertify.js notification plugin
Music data from Last.fm
I'm a junior at UPenn who's fascinated by technology and engineering. I'm also interested in science, sports, history, and music. When I'm not CAD-ing or coding, I like to hang out with friends, play the guitar, and longboard. I hope to work in robotics and mechanical design and eventually change the world.
Inspired by my internship at Fender, I decided to make my own guitar from scratch. I used lasercut MDF and acrylic for the body, 3D-printed neck pieces, and a rectangular aluminum tube for support. Adding some purchased parts and some components from my old Epiphone made it fully functional. I then installed LEDs in the neck and developed a tuning script based on the M2 microcontroller that calculates the signal frequency and lights up the neck. View CAD in OnShape. View code on Github.
This is a 38" aluminum longboard deck I designed while taking courses in Statics and Manufacturing. I wanted to apply the knowledge I was learning in these classes to create a longboard that was strong and light. The "beams" of the board are thicker in the middle than on the edges, so bending stress is evenly distributed throughout the body. I was not allowed to machine it in Penn's shop, so I had it cut in a water jet machine. Simulations suggest the board can theoretically hold 1000 lbs.
In Integrated CAD, CAM, and Analysis, my team and I made a full chess set. This involved using a CNC lathe to turn each piece and CNC mills for post-operations. As the lead designer and manufacturer for the board, I took inspiration from chess boards I had seen online and opted for a countoured surface with anodized aluminum tiles. A teammate suggested that we store the pieces in the board itself, so we drilled holes in the sides of the board. This was my first major woodworking project, and I learned a tremendous amount.
This is a robot I am building for Kodlab. I took an existing leg design and made a body that allowed for full range of motion while minimizing weight. In the future, I hope to test leaping capabilities, gait kinematics, and possibly alternate leg designs that are more flexible.
For MEAM 201 Machine Design and Manufacturing, I made most of the parts in a previously designed Stirling engine. This required manual milling and turning as well as CNC work. In order to add my personal touch to the project, I made the engine Eagles themed. During testing, the engine achieved a speed of 850 RPM. View on GrabCad
As part of the "Dissect" assignment in Introduction to Mechanical Design (MEAM 101), my group fully dissasembled a Nerf Maverick blaster, modeled each part in SolidWorks, and created a full assembly followed by an explosion-collapse video. View on GrabCad
For the final project in Design of Mechatronic Systems, my group created a team of autonomous hockey playing robots. These bots could search for a puck using IR light, navigate a rink using a constellation of stars above, and plan its driving path to the goal. View on Github
In IPD 501, we got the chance to try out a Morgan press and our injection molding skills. After making capo prototypes using 3D printing and urethane casting, we modified our design to include drafts and runners while developing a mold that could make both parts in one shot. This involved simulations to minimize sink and warping in the final products. After playing with the injection settings, we were able to churn out a capo every five minutes.
To learn about 3D and surface milling for IPD 501, I modeled and machined a small space shuttle. This involved developing a to-scale model of the orbiter, creating computer-generated toolpaths, preparing the aluminum stock, and running my Gcode programs. Because our shop's Haas MiniMill could not reach certain areas with a small endmill, I decided to create the vertical fin separately to allow for better tool access. In the future, I hope to turn the Shuttle's External Fuel Tank and Solid Rocket Boosters on a CNC lathe to complete the model.
As part of our junior design lab, my group designed, analyzed, and built a wind turbine. After creating a model and characterizing it in a wind tunnel, we scaled up our design and allowed the blades to telescope in and out. This kept the turbine compact during transport while maximizing power output. We generated 10.35 watts in our final test, finishing second in the class.
For Hannukah, I designed and made a custom menorah with aluminium and steel nuts. Using the CNC machines at UPenn's machine shop, I created a special fixture that allowed me to cut an oversized piece. Screws held the stock in place and were removed as necessary to allow the cutting head through. View on OnShape
In MEAM 101's "Machine" project, I created a small scale tank based on the drawings of Leonardo da Vinci. This build combined a centuries-old design with modern prototyping techniques, including 3D printing, to create a mobile working model (except for the cannons). View on GrabCad
This is a model of the Phunkee Duck scooter board. The Phunkee Duck and its competitors are almost all identical and have an interesting shape. I also worked with PhotoView 360 in Solidworks to create more photo-realistic renderings. View on GrabCad
This is a Github repository with malware designed for Mac OS X. Feel free to view the scripts, but don't download anything unless you know exactly what it does.Continue to Github Repo Close